These days CBD is one of the most talked-about topics. CBD oil and other products are used to treat pain, mental issues, skin, hair, and sleep issues. The young and middle-aged population are into trying new products for their health. CBD is one such product that is seeing a rise in demand among the young.
But off late, the elderly are also interested in using products based on CBD in Canada. But, just like any other products, certain things need to be taken care of while using CBD products by the senior citizen. Their age act as the major reason why there is a need to be careful while using CBD products. Several things should be taken care of, out of which the dosage is the major factor.
Things to keep in mind
While using CBD products for the elderly, certain things need to be paid attention to. However, it will help in avoiding any complications and confusion:-
- THC concentration: CBD is non-psychoactive but, every CBD products tend to have a certain amount of RHC in it. Usually, this THC concentration is small, but in the elderly, it can have a negative effect.
- Spectrum: CBD products have varying spectrum; full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolate CBD. It shows whether the CBD product has only the CBD or other cannabinoids and terpenes as well.
- Type of products: The very thing that one should have clarity on is the issue that one needs to target using CBD. Based on this, they should pick the products. One can find oral CBD, oil, lotions, tinctures and gummy bears.
- Manufacturing: Another thing that one should be careful of while choosing CBD for the elderly is their manufacturing quality. Find out where the products are made and what the process of manufacturing is.
- Certified: Lastly, one should check if the product is certified and tested by third parties. Make sure that the products are tested for harmful substances like pesticides. Always read the label and read the reviews of the product before buying.
Uses of CBD products
When it comes to senior citizens, CBD products can have several advantages and uses:
- These can reduce pain and inflammation of the body and targeted muscles.
- CBD products help treat muscle spasms.
- CBD helps regulate the sleep cycle in the elderly.
- Those who have cancer can get relief from nausea with CBD products.
- CBD products help provide relief from arthritic pain in senior citizens.
Safety of CBD
Whether CBD is safe for the elderly or not is still not a very clear avenue. In terms of research, not many papers are released stating whether CBD is safe for elderly citizens. But is lower concentrations CBD is safe. However, one should consult their doctor before taking any such products to avoid complications.
Choosing the right CBD product can make a lot of difference. But, when it is for senior citizens, one should be extra careful. It is crucial to consider the quality of the product, the ingredients and the overall effectiveness.