The use of a VPN enormously revamps the overall security system of your PC. When you use a VPN, you can be assured that hackers or phishers are not sniffing around in your private network. Neither it is going to be intercepted by advertisers hovering in the market. A VPN keeps your IP address private and away from all these unwanted attention. There are many VPN apps that can be used in today’s time.
Just download and install the app from a third party vendor and start using a VPN. But, that is not the only way you can use this application on your computer. Did you know that you can manually setup and configure Windows 10 OS in order to use a VPN? Keep reading our blog and get to know how you are going to do it.
Also, visit the https://takethecoupon.com/ and check out the brilliant offers they have online.
Advantages of Using VPN In Your PC
There are a lot of advantages of using VPN in your Windows 10 PC. Take a look at some of the best advantages you can enjoy –
- A VPN helps to successfully mask your online identity. It encrypts and hides your IP address, thus keeping you anonymous in the web. No one can find any personal details about you.
- VPN helps to defeat the Geo-Block restrictions many of us face. Lot of times we cannot use an app or it’s particular features in some parts of the world. Whereas it is already available. VPN can allow you to get over it.
- VPN safeguards all your financial details that you transact online. From credit card numbers to debit pin codes, using a VPN while making an online transaction, can help you big time.
How To Set Up a VPN in Windows 10?
In order to setup a virtual private network on your Windows 10 powered computer, you need to follow these simple steps systematically –
- First, you need to right-click on the Start button and then click on Settings.
- Now, click on Network & Internet and then click on the VPN tab.
- In the VPN Tab, click on the VPN connection option and bring down the drop down menu below the VPN provider option available.
- Here, click on the Windows (built-in) and then find and left click on the Connection name tab.
- Select and type any name for your VPN connection that you want to. Then click on Server Name tab.
- On the Server Name tab, you have to enter the server’s address. You can easily get that from the VPN provider. Then you have to bring the drop down menu under the VPN Type.
- Make sure to choose a connection protocol of your choice and find and click on the Sign-in info.
- Once you select the connection protocol, you need to click on the sign-in method. Then Save all changes.
- Now, you can find the VPN you just setup on your Windows 10 PC and you can connect to it by just clicking on the name and entering the password.
So, here are the different steps that you need to keep in mind when you want to setup a VPN on your Windows 10 PC right now!